Thursday, February 26, 2009

10 miles at the Louvre




Sunday Feb. 22: Boy I wish I would have had a pedometer! We spent all day at the Louvre Art Museum. 9-6. We picked up Croissants on the way:) and ate them on the metro. Kat decided to go visit Hillsong Paris, for church. so she took off one direction and we met her at the Louvre around 1:00. She loved church they sang in both French and English. I had never seen the pyramid, it was new since I was here last. We walked for 9 hours! One stop for lunch, who said you can't see the entire Louvre in 1 visit? You haven't travelled with the Swick's! Actually we didn't get to all of it, but at least the parts we wanted to see. Lindsay and I did speed walking, Kat and Randy read EVERYTHING. Kat took her inspiration book and sat and did some sketches also. We saw: Mona Lisa (looks the same as last time I was here...) Napoleon's apts. (new since 1970:)) Winged victory, and miles and miles of paintings. After they kicked us out, we went across the street and had Crepes for dinner. They even make them with ham and cheese, yum! Now we are all in love with Nutella also! I think they even sell it the states. Nothing is open on Sunday's in Paris, not even the grocery stores, so we were back at the hotel and in bed by 8:00!! Tomorrow is our last day in Paris:(

No comments:

Post a Comment