Saturday, September 4, 2010

September Bernina Club Kick Off

Our Bernina Club is about to kick off it's fall classes! We are making this beautiful "Aurora Sunshine Quilt". You may recognize it from the Aurora brochure. Did you know that the Aurora 440 and 430 were named after the town of Aurora, Illinois where Bernina of America is located? The great thing about this project is it is small and manageable and teaches all sorts of techniques. Many of you have been wondering about paper piecing and this project has a small piece of paper piecing in it. Also many couching techniques, BSR techniques, free motion quilting techniques, and beautiful decorative stitches. Of course it can be made on other machines as well as the Aurora! But the Aurora is highlighted in this project. I have made a few kits available in oranges and yellows. Everything is cut for you. Please register soon and reserve your kit so I know how many to make. I will not be able to make more at the last minute as there is a lot of cutting. If you would like to choose your own colors the supply list has fabric requirements. I will provide snacks and prize drawings to kick off our fall Club! See you Wednesday, September 22 at 1:00-4:00 or 6:00-9:00. (Usually Bernina Club is the first Monday of the month.) You will also get a preview of all of the fall projects geared towards Christmas gifts! Please add an "add a quarter ruler", small mat and rotary cutter to the supply list. I made my quilt block in to a purse! Use your imagination for yours!


No comments:

Post a Comment