Saturday, September 4, 2010
September Embroidery club
It has been requested that we have a lesson on "cutwork". I have chosen the "Heritage Cutwork" designs. You may choose your project to put it on. I have samples of a pillow and a tea towel posted and samples are in the classroom. A Tee shirt or blouse would also be great. Cut work is a process in which you embroider an outline, cut away the fabric behind, and embroider over the top. You will need to bring a good pair of curved embridery scissors. I will try to have someone demonstrate the new Bernina cutwork tool for us as well. Embroidery Club meets on the 3rd Monday of the month at 1:00 or 6:00. Please pre-register more than a week ahead to ensure that the class will stay on the schedule. This class has a small fee that includes the use of the design, stabilizer for the project and the use of our thread. $6. See you on September 20th.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment