Sunday, June 28, 2009

The new software is amazing!

The new software is beyond everything I have ever seen. I think it is bigger than the 830! I will give you a quick list of just a few of the new possibilities with the Designer Plus Ver. 6.
1. Thumbnail pictures for each design instead of trying to figure out what the number of the design is. 2. Auto scroll zoom in and out with your mouse dial. 3. Lettering display. Letters can be lifted off of the base line and staggered and reshaped. 4. Color wheel. Select your design and just spin the color wheel to the gradated colors you like! Then let the software thread match it for you in all Isacord thread colors. 5. Freehand embroidery. Draw whatever you want and push a button and it turns in to embroidery. Trace a flower, shape, or draw anything, scribble in the shading, push a button, instant embroidery. I couldn't believe my eyes. You can make anything!6.Back space your mistakes instead of starting over. 7. There are a lot of new fills and 11 new fonts. 8. You can split objects for multi-hooping. 9. Get this, you can take any cheesy little design from the Internet that is a C grade, all you do is change it to picture, change it back to embroidery and it's an A grade when it comes back! 10. Lots of new properties in auto digitizer! 11. Finally we can design our own quilt blocks and save them in our own library. Is that enough to tempt you? It really is amazing. It was only a three hour class, and they said they just touched the tip of the iceberg! I go to a 2 day training in August, can't wait! You can pre-buy your upgrade. I don't want them to run out of dongles for us! It is amazing! I will have a price on pre sales as soon as I get home. You will not be able to upgrade to 6 from 4, only from ver. 5. The rest of the day was spent in endless embroidery on the 830. That was really fun. I got to multi hoop with my Mega hoop! Rio is going to love this, we made a pillow case cuff with embroidery all the way around the pillow. Sheets would be a piece of cake! We will try that in embroidery club soon. It sure was easy to multi hoop to get a border! Well my Internet credit is just about to run out so I had better go. I will try to get to Starbucks tomorrow night for a last installment. BART is suppose to go on strike on Monday night at midnight.....9 hours before we need to get to go to the airport!
Claudia spent the afternoon playing with the new cut work tool. The software is fantastic, it will cut through 10 layers of fabric, leather, paper, and more. It will be great for scrapbookers. It will work on all embroidery machines as well as the Deco. You can cut out applique shapes with your embroidery module and have them all be the same size! Get this, you can use your web cam and digitize a picture and then you tell it which parts to cut out! Well now I am too excited to sleep! I love coming to Bernina University! I get so excited about the new techniques. I can't wait to bring them home and teach them! Think about July Bernina club! I just saw the placemats up close, and WOW.
Put a digitizing tablet on your wish list. Wacom or Bamboo series. Then you can draw on it straight to your software....it's just too much!

1 comment:

  1. Sign me up for the new 6! Definitely a must. Love your blog, Sandra, and I love San Francisco. You make us feel like we are there! Thanks. Lois

    ReplyDelete