Friday, June 26, 2009
I almost left my cookies in San Francisco!
New York city cabs have nothing on these guys! Our first night here we went to a great place for dinner called Pacific Catch. The cab ride there was pretty uneventful, but coming home was another story. It was $2 cheaper for good reason! What a maniac, we hit a hill and caught air just like Starsky and Hutch! We thought for sure we were all going to die. We did almost lose our cookies! In spite of Mr. Toad's Wild ride, San Francisco is beautiful. Great weather and we have had seafood every day! Last night was our opening session was great too! Bernina has committed to developing one new product a year for it's consumers, that's you! Last night they unveiled several! I'll keep you in suspense for just a minute:) They first entertained us with the San Fransisco Chinese Dragon Dancers, and the San Francisco inter-faith Gospel Choir. It was really cool. Then they took us on a video tour of different Quilt stores around the country, I hope we will be on there next year! Then the great unveiling. Many of you know about the new Ver. 6 software coming out in September. It will have several new programs including: Corel Draw, you can draw your own pictures and digitize them, and a lot more design manipulation. You will also be able to design your own quilt blocks in the quilter's area. Then a new machine! It is a 9mm Aurora called the "Fashionista". Especially designed for garment makers. Then they showed us a few other goodies that we can't wait to get our hands on! A Bernina Sewing chair, red of course. A Red Bernina dress form! Then a new needle for embroidery cutwork! And a software program to go with it! No more snip, snip, the piece just falls out of the embroidery hoop. Pretty cool, I'll get you more info when I see it close up. Classes start today, so I hope I get to try them first hand! Claudia will be attending Technical training and I will pick her brain for all she learns. Well we are off to shop at the Ferry Terminal Mall and the BU store! Lots of new prizes for all my Virtual Bernina club fans!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Sandra: Enjoy reading your entries. San Francisco is one of my favorite places to visit on earth. I went to College at USF just off of Haight Ashbary. Sounds like you are having a fabulous time!!!
ReplyDeletewishing I was you right now!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are having a great time!! I look forward to hearing more about it when you get home.
ReplyDelete