Friday, February 19, 2010
Tips from your Techs
Welcome to the Bernina Club blog by Sandra Swick Bernina Educator at Bear Paw Quilting and Bernina! Sandra and Claudia will try to post tips on machine care on a regular basis. We have arranged the Tech schedule to try to have one of us in the store 5-6 days a week. Claudia has just retired from her "real" job and is at Bear Paw 3-4 days a week. Sandra fills in the gaps. Claudia is the Queen of the tech room. Sandra is only the princess and I want to make that perfectly clear! Remember the basics from Mastery class? Oil your machine every 3-4 hours of sewing. Remove the hook from the bobbin area, vacuum it out, put a little tiny drop of oil on the metal shelf on the bottom area of the bobbin area. Take off your stitch plate and vacuum it out. All the lint under there can cause problems with your feed dogs. Bernina has new oil. It is clear and comes in a little tiny tube. It is a lighter oil and is better for your machine, but you have to oil a little more often. Your yellow oil is fine to use. We will refill them as long has we have the other oil available. I usually put in a fresh needle when I start a new project. Check and make sure you are using the correct size needle for your fabric. I sure like the #14 jeans needle for all of the bags I am making. It slides right through all the fusible web, stabilizer, batting and fabric.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment