Saturday, January 2, 2010
January Bag Lady Flower Tote
Bag Lady is back! This month we are making a McCall's Pattern called "Flower Tote". It is quite a project but well worth it when you are done! I turned mine in to a kntting bag and put special pockets inside for knitting needles. You can use it for what ever you want! I used a Charm Pack from Moda called "Wiscasset". I had Willa choose the fabric for me, because you know me I always pick the same color scheme: Red, white and blue. So sometimes I ask someone else to choose the fabrics just to mix it up a bit. I really loved what she chose and when I got it all cut I looked at it and guess what? You got it red, white and blue! Nice to know someone esle shares my taste! Anyway, it's a great tote and was a lot of work but I love it! Some extra hints when you are preparing your fabric: Iron the fusible web to the fabric first then cut it out. I read the directions after I had all the 2 1/4" squares cut out (typical Sandra) so I had to iron little squares of fusible web on each little square! The only advantage to that is then my entire fabric isn't covered with fusible web. I think you could work in 2 1/2" strips. Bring you own small iron, pad and applique sheet if you have them. Bring a #14 jeans needle. I had some skipping on the top stitching because it goes through so many layers. An 18" ruler is a must. I chose a YLI variegated quilting thread for all of my blanket stitching. Bring your Bernina feet, we will use several. Do not expect to finish this project in class, but I will start you on each technique to help you get through it. Make sure you are pre-registered for the class and pick up the pattern up. It has 4 bags in it and we will use it again next month. See you Thursday January 7, at 1:00. Make sure you come to class with everthing cut out. The bag will be on display at Bear paw on Monday. Happy New year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment